In 2010 we have supported the Open Door Center with their building by contributing towards their Play Therapy Center.
Open Door in Yangpyeong will be a Center used for treatment and therapy of abused and battered children so that they can integrate back into the community and lead normal lives.
Open Door in Yangpyeong is being built on land already owned by the organisation.
The other Projects supported by BASS in 2010:
Urimaul, Gangwha Island
- Extension of the solar power system to the new Bean Curd Factory.
Sungnowon Orphanage, Seoul
- Installation of a new industrial kitchen in their new building.
Anna’s Nursing Home, Hocheon
- purchase of a walk-in cooler/fridge.
Emmaus Center Residential Services, Gwangju
- furnishing of a flat to be used as a Group Home for the mentally challenged.
Myeongdo St. Columban’s Home, Mokpo
- installation of a kitchen unit.
Seoul Shelter for Women
- contribution toward the purchase of a new 12-seater van.
- This is a joint project with SIWA, AWC, ANZA and the Thrift Shop.
Woorinuri Study Room, Seoul
- for the English education of 29 children from under privileged families.
New Light Community, Seoul
- assistance with medication and food to HIV patients.
Yeolimteo, Korea Sexual Violence Relief Center, Seoul
- assistance towards daily running costs due to a shortfall caused by emergency pipe repair.
Raphael House, Seoul
- purchase of special chairs children with cerebral palsy.
St. Columban’s Home for the Elderly, Chun Cheon
- purchase of special matresses for bed-ridden patients for prevention of bedsores.
Gwangju Park Elderly Center, Gwangju
- purchase of computers to replace the old ones used in their computer classes.
Margaret House, Seoul
- new desks for the Study Room for children from under-privileged families.
- annual donation
Gloster Valley Scholarship Fund
- annual donation